Medical Students Visa
Important Note For All The Students Enrolled/Enrolling After 18th November 2021
For Indian Students:
The entire five year course shall be conducted at Guyana in the University campus which includes one year of preclinical sciences , two years of Paraclinical sciences and two years of clinical sciences programme inclusive of clinical rotations in our affiliated hospitals at Guyana viz Georgetown Public Hospital and St Joseph Mercy Hospital.
The Indian students also have an option to undergo an observation practice at Max Healthcare, during their vacations/semester breaks to gain the relevant competencies and familiarize themselves with the disease profile and the healthcare delivery system prevalent in India.
The eligibility criteria for students to travel to Guyana for pursuing their medical education remains unchanged viz, NEET qualification is mandatory and eligibility criteria for NEET have to be fulfilled as laid down by competent authorities from time to time.This is essential for all students who wish to return to India and be eligible for appearing for FMGE/ NEXT Examination.
For International Students:
The eligibility criteria for the International students enrolling/enrolled at the Lincoln American University, School of Medicine, remains unchanged and is subject to the Medical Council of their respective country.
If the parent Medical Council of their country approves, the students can avail the benefit of undergoing clinical rotation in the leading hospitals of Nepal, India, the USA,etc
Visa Application Guidelines for International Students
LAU assists its students with Student Visa Application Form and provide assistance in Visa renewals as well. Following is the compliance process and the requirements for entry and study in Guyana:
- Students must submit notarized copies of their passport, certificate, diploma or degree.
- The university will process the Visa application locally.
- The approval process in Guyana takes one Month.
- Once students are approved to come to Guyana, An approval letter will be issued to students before traveling to Guyana. Further, a representative of the University will be at the Guyana airport to receive students and a Visa will be issued to them upon arrival at the airport in Guyana.
- Only students in receipt of the approval letter will be allowed to enter Guyana and the students shall carry all their documents attested by the Department of Education and then by the local Guyanese embassy.
List of document required for Visa
Following is the list of documents (including documents prescribed by the High Commission of the Cooperative Republic of Guyana) to obtain Guyanese Student Visa:
- Two completed visa application forms with two recent passport size photographs of the applicant.
- Valid passport (at least 6 months validity). Passport data pages should be photocopied.
- Police Clearance Certificate (issued preferably by The Ministry of External Affairs).
- Evidence of funds available to the applicant for the duration of the visit. The statement should be stamped and sign by the Bank. [For minimum $3000]
- Letter of Acceptance from the University.
- Letter of Invitation from the University.
- Educational Certificates (must be attested by the relevant authorities).
- Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate.
- General Medical Certificate.
- Hotel Reservation.
- Cover letter from the student
- Notarized copy of School Leaving Certificate
Note: The nationals of certain countries like USA, Brazil, Japan etc. do not require a Visa to enter Guyana. But the citizens of other countries like India, Nepal, Bangladesh etc. need a visa to enter Guyana. The complete list of countries whose nationals do need a visa to enter Guyana can be obtained at the official site of "Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Guyana".