Study Medicine in America
Every year, thousands of students from India apply in medical universities in foreign countries to study MD . Many universities in different countries are offering MD and other medical programs at an affordable price. Lincoln American University, a South American medical university is located in Guyana. Guyana is a Caribbean country located in South America. The country offers multi-cultural environment and natural beauty. The university uses the curriculum designed as per US standards. With the best curriculum model, LAU focuses on quality medical education and training in order to ensure medical licensure and residency placement for graduates.
Lincoln American University is a well-recognized Caribbean medical university which is listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools (WDOMS), registered with National Accreditation Council of Guyana (NAC, Guyana) and Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER), certified by Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) and recognized by Medical Council of India (MCI). The MD graduates from LAU are eligible to take the USMLE and afterwards apply for U.S. residency programs.
The tuition fee of MD in LAU is very affordable as compared to other medical colleges in America. The facilities provided in the American universities are very good and the students are given opportunity to work on clinical rotations in many American hospitals. LAU ensures that students are well equipped with modern, comprehensive, and competitive medical education.
The process of admission of MD in American medical university is very simple. The candidate needs to fill up the admission application form for MD program. At present, the admission in MD for 2019 session in Lincoln American University are open. After filling the application form, the student needs to submit the same along with their academic records to the university.
After reviewing the applications, the students are shortlisted according to their academic record and are informed by mail. Then, the shortlisted candidates need to apply for Visa and inform the university about their visa acceptance and arrival date.
To get admission in LAU, the students need to fulfill the criteria mentioned below:
- The candidate must complete the age of 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of admission. To put it simply, if you are born on or before 31st December 2002, you can apply for 2019 intake.
- The candidate must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English individually and secure at least 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects of 12th standard. Students belonging to the reserved category (OBC/SC/ST) get a relaxation of 10%. Further, physically challenged students in general/ unreserved category get relaxation of 5%. Minimum aggregate marks required for different category of students are tabulated as under:
- For Indian Students, NEET is mandatory. Candidates do not have to appear for any additional entrance exam to get admission in LAU MD Program.
Required Minimum Aggregate Marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology Subjects of 12th Standard
Unreserved with benchmark disability
Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes (with or without benchmark disability)
ADVANTAGES OF STUDYING MD IN AMERICA
Studying MD in America offers a large number of advantages to the students:
- The American medical universities like Lincoln American University are well recognized worldwide.
- The medical graduates from an American university are sent for clinical rotations in the hospitals of USA and Canada which opens many doors for their bright future.
- The medical universities of Guyana/America offer scholarship programs to the students. This becomes a major reason for attraction for students around the world.
- Various medical universities of America are well-recognized by ECFMG, registered with FAIMER, and recognized by (Medical Council of India) MCI.
- The complete duration of MD in most of the medical universities is 5 years.
- The students are not required to clear any entrance examination like TOEFL, IELTS, SAT and GMAT for admission in MD in USA.
Why MD In America
Getting MD degree from an American university offers a wide range of benefits to the students, the quality of education is very good as compared to many universities in other countries. The atmosphere of America is very friendly and safe for international students.
The process of admission in MD in America is very simple and no entrance exam is required to get admission in MD in America. The students who complete their MD from a Caribbean university like Lincoln American University are given the opportunity to work in some of the top hospitals in Guyana, South America, India, Nepal, USA and Canada. This opens many doors for the students to apply for residency in USA and Canada.
The hostels of the university in America are well-equipped with all the necessary amenities like electricity, heating system, air conditioning, internet access and healthy food. Each hostel is well secured with proper security guards and CCTV cameras.